- Lesson1 A Puma at Large.
- Lesson2 Thirteen equals one.
- Lesson3 An Unknown Goddess.
- Lesson4 The double life of Alfred Bloggs.
- Lesson5 The Facts.
- Lesson6 Smash-and-grab.
- Lesson7 Mutilated Ladies .
- Lesson8 A famous monastery.
- Lesson9 Flying Cats.
- Lesson10 The loss of the Titanic.
- Lesson11 Not Guilty.
- Lesson12 Life on a desert island.
- Lesson13 It’s only me.
- Lesson14 A noble gangster.
- Lesson15 Fifty Pence Worth of Trouble .
- Lesson16 Mary had a little lamb.
- Lesson17 The Longest Suspension Bridge in the World.
- Lesson18 Electric currents in modern art.
- Lesson19 A Very Dear Cat .
- Lesson20 Pioneer pilots.
- Lesson21 Daniel Mendoza .
- Lesson22 By heart.
- Lesson23 One man’s meat is.
- Lesson24 A skeleton in the cupboard.
- Lesson25 The Cutty Sark.
- Lesson26 Wanted: a large biscuit tin.
- Lesson27 Nothing to Sell and Nothing to Buy.
- Lesson28 Five pound too dear.
- Lesson29 Funny or Not.
- Lesson30 The death of a ghost.
- Lesson31 A Lovable Eccentric.
- Lesson32 A lost ship.
- Lesson33 A Day to Remember.
- Lesson34 A happy discovery.
- Lesson35 Lesson35 Justice was Done.
- Lesson36 A chance in a million.
- Lesson37 The Westhaven Express .
- Lesson38 The first calender.
- Lesson39 Nothing to Worry About.
- Lesson40 Who’s who.
- Lesson41 Illusions of Pastoral Peace.
- Lesson42 Modern cavemen.
- Lesson43 Fully Insured.
- Lesson44 Speed and comfort.
- Lesson45 The Power of the Press.
- Lesson46 Do it yourself.
- Lesson47 Too High a Price.
- Lesson48 The silent village.
- Lesson49 The Ideal Servant.
- Lesson50 New Year resolutions.
- Lesson51 Predicting the Future.
- Lesson52 Mud is mud.
- Lesson53 In the Public Interest .
- Lesson54 Instinct or cleverness?
- Lesson55 From the Earth Greetings.
- Lesson56 Our neighbour, the river.
- Lesson57 Back in the Old Country.
- Lesson58 A spot of bother.
- Lesson59 Collecting.
- Lesson60 Too early and too late.
Lesson58 A spot of bother.
Lesson58 A spot of bother.
录音：Lesson58 A spot of bother.（美音）
录音：Lesson58 A spot of bother.（英音）
Lesson58 A spot of bother.单词讲解
New Word and expressions 生词和短语
Lesson58 A spot of bother.课文讲解1
Lesson58 A spot of bother.课文讲解2
A spot of bother
Listen to the tape then answer the question below.
What did the old lady find when she got home?
The old lady was glad to be back at the block of flats where she lived. Her shopping had tired her and her basket ad grown heavier with every step of the way home. In the life her thoughts were on lunch and a good rest; but when she got out at her own floor, both were forgotten in her sudden discovery that her front door was open. She was thinking that she must reprimand her home help the next morning for such a monstrous piece of negligence, when she remembered that she had gone shopping after the home help had left and she knew that she had turned both keys in their locks, She walked slowly into the hall and at once noticed that all the room doors were open, yet following her regular practice she had shut them before going out. Looking into the drawing room, she saw a scene of confusion over by her writing desk. It was as clear as daylight then that burglars had forced an entry during her absence. Her first impulse was to go round all the rooms looking for the thieves, but then she decided that at her age it might be more prudent to have someone with her, so she went to fetch the porter from his basement. By this time her legs were beginning to tremble, so she sat down and accepted a cup of very strong tea, while he telephoned the police. Then, her composure regained, she was ready to set off with the porter’s assistance to search for nay intruders who might still be lurking in her flat.
They went through the rooms, being careful to touch nothing, as they did not want to hinder the police in their search for fingerprints. The chaos was inconceivable. She had lived in the flat for thirty years and was a veritable magpie at hoarding; and it seemed as though everything she possessed had been tossed out and turned over and over. At least sorting out the things she should have discarded years ago was now being made easier for her. Then a police inspector arrived with a constable and she told them of her discovery of the ransacked flat. The inspector began to look for fingerprints, while the constable checked that the front door locks had not been forced, thereby proving that the burglars had either used skeleton keys or entered over the balcony. There was no trace of fingerprints, but the inspector found a dirty red bundle that contained jewellery which the old lady said was not hers. So their entry into this flat was apparently not the burglars’ first job that day and they must have been disturbed. The inspector then asked the old lady to try to check what was missing by the next day and advised her not to stay alone in the flat for a few nights. The old lady though the was a fussy creature, but since the porter agreed with him, she rang up her daughter and asked for her help in what she described as a little spot of bother.
New words and expressions 生词和短语
新概念英语第三册Lesson58 A spot of bother.学习到此结束，同学们记得把课本的练习题做完留言哦