- Lesson1 A Puma at Large.
- Lesson2 Thirteen equals one.
- Lesson3 An Unknown Goddess.
- Lesson4 The double life of Alfred Bloggs.
- Lesson5 The Facts.
- Lesson6 Smash-and-grab.
- Lesson7 Mutilated Ladies .
- Lesson8 A famous monastery.
- Lesson9 Flying Cats.
- Lesson10 The loss of the Titanic.
- Lesson11 Not Guilty.
- Lesson12 Life on a desert island.
- Lesson13 It’s only me.
- Lesson14 A noble gangster.
- Lesson15 Fifty Pence Worth of Trouble .
- Lesson16 Mary had a little lamb.
- Lesson17 The Longest Suspension Bridge in the World.
- Lesson18 Electric currents in modern art.
- Lesson19 A Very Dear Cat .
- Lesson20 Pioneer pilots.
- Lesson21 Daniel Mendoza .
- Lesson22 By heart.
- Lesson23 One man’s meat is.
- Lesson24 A skeleton in the cupboard.
- Lesson25 The Cutty Sark.
- Lesson26 Wanted: a large biscuit tin.
- Lesson27 Nothing to Sell and Nothing to Buy.
- Lesson28 Five pound too dear.
- Lesson29 Funny or Not.
- Lesson30 The death of a ghost.
- Lesson31 A Lovable Eccentric.
- Lesson32 A lost ship.
- Lesson33 A Day to Remember.
- Lesson34 A happy discovery.
- Lesson35 Lesson35 Justice was Done.
- Lesson36 A chance in a million.
- Lesson37 The Westhaven Express .
- Lesson38 The first calender.
- Lesson39 Nothing to Worry About.
- Lesson40 Who’s who.
- Lesson41 Illusions of Pastoral Peace.
- Lesson42 Modern cavemen.
- Lesson43 Fully Insured.
- Lesson44 Speed and comfort.
- Lesson45 The Power of the Press.
- Lesson46 Do it yourself.
- Lesson47 Too High a Price.
- Lesson48 The silent village.
- Lesson49 The Ideal Servant.
- Lesson50 New Year resolutions.
- Lesson51 Predicting the Future.
- Lesson52 Mud is mud.
- Lesson53 In the Public Interest .
- Lesson54 Instinct or cleverness?
- Lesson55 From the Earth Greetings.
- Lesson56 Our neighbour, the river.
- Lesson57 Back in the Old Country.
- Lesson58 A spot of bother.
- Lesson59 Collecting.
- Lesson60 Too early and too late.
Lesson23 One man’s meat is.
Lesson23 One man’s meat is.
录音：Lesson23 One man’s meat is.（美音）
录音：Lesson23 One man’s meat is.（英音）
Lesson23 One man’s meat is.单词讲解1
Lesson23 One man’s meat is.单词讲解2
New Word and expressions 生词和短语
Lesson23 One man’s meat is.课文讲解1
Lesson23 One man’s meat is.课文讲解2
Lesson23 One man’s meat is.课文讲解3
Lesson23 One man’s meat is.课文讲解4
One man’s meat is
another man’s poison
Listen to the tape then answer the question below.
What was it about snails that made the writer collect them for his friend on that in particular?
People become quite illogical when they try to decide what can be eaten and what cannot be eaten. If you lived in the Mediterranean, for instance, you would consider octopus a great delicacy. You would not be able to understand why some people find it repulsive. On the other hand, your stomach would turn at the idea of frying potatoes in animal fat — the normally accepted practice in many northern countries. The sad truth is that most of us have been brought up to eat certain foods and we stick to them all our lives.
No creature has received more praise and abuse than the common garden snail. Cooked in wine, snails are a great luxury in various parts of the world. There are countless people who, ever since their early years, have learned to associate snails with food. My friend, Robert, lives in a country where snails are despised. As his flat is in a large town, he has no garden of his own. For years he has been asking me to collect snails from my garden and take them to him. The idea never appealed to me very much, but one day, after heavy shower, I happened to be walking in my garden when I noticed a huge number of snails taking a stroll on some of my prize plants. Acting on a sudden impulse, I collected several dozen, put them in a paper bag, and took them to Robert. Robert was delighted to see me and equally pleased with my little gift. I left the bag in the hall and Robert and I went into the living room where we talked for a couple of hours. I had forgotten all about the snails when Robert suddenly said that I must stay to dinner. Snails would, of course, be the main dish. I did not fancy the idea and I reluctantly followed Robert out of the room. To our dismay, we saw that there were snails everywhere: they had escaped from the paper bag and had taken complete possession of the hall! I have never been able to look at a snail since then.
New words and expressions 生词和短语
新概念英语第三册Lesson23 One man’s meat is.学习到此结束，同学们记得把课本的练习题做完留言哦